When you make an ACH payment through ClickPay, you receive a payment confirmation email. This email ONLY confirms your payment was accepted into our system and that the process for debiting your account and depositing the funds into your property manager's account will begin. If you receive a return notice, please review the bank codes for returns below and re-submit your payment for processing. Any late fee you may incur will be initiated by your property management group and not by ClickPay. Please contact them in regards to their policy. Below are common ACH return codes, reasons, and details.
Common ACH Return Reasons
- R01-Insufficient Funds-The bank account didn't have enough money to cover the transaction. This is the electronic equivalent to a bounced check. Please resubmit and make sure there are enough funds in the account to cover the payment
- R02-Account Closed-The previously active account has been closed by action of the customer or the customer's bank
- R03-No Account-Unable to Locate. Typically, in this case, an account number, routing number or type of account (checking/savings) was entered incorrectly. Please resubmit payment and be careful to verify the account and routing number for your account. Please verify these numbers with a voided check.
- R04-Invalid account number-The account number structure is not valid, the entry may fail the check digit validation, or it may contain an incorrect number of digits.
- R08-Payment Stopped-The owner of the bank account has informed their bank this transaction was not authorized and cancelled this payment.
- R10-Corp Customer Not Authorized- The owner of the bank account has informed their bank this transaction was not authorized and cancelled this payment. The return code has more legal weight than R08
- R13-Invalid Routing Number-The routing number of the receiver's financial institution is incorrect. This also applies to pre-paid debit cards with routing and account numbers. They will not process through the ACH network in the ClickPay system.
- R16-Account Frozen-Funds in bank account are unavailable due to action by you or your bank.
- R29-Corporate receiver has notified RDFI that Corp entry is not authorized.-The corporation who owns the bank account has told their bank that this EFT was unauthorized. This transaction was made through a business bank account